Friday, June 01, 2007

May 7, 2007

May 7

P-Day Extravaganza! Today we hit the center of Tampico and after we went bowling. That will explain most of the photos. We went to Sears... but it doesn’t deserve to be called Sears. The store Coppel is bigger. The picture of Elder Varela and I is in front of the monument that you will see if you look up Tampico on the web. By the way you have better stores in Provo than we have here in Tampico... the only thing is they have a down town here, in Provo we don’t really. I hope that you are doing all right back home. It is so important to learn to just be happy. My comp is from the state in Mexico just below Sonora... I have no clue how to spell it so I’m not going to try. This week has gone well. We have found an investigator named Norma that is a mother whose husband is working in the states and was baptized young. She has two daughters that are 9 and 18. She has accepted our message so readily and will be reading and praying. I gave her a pamphlet with the proclamation to the family in our first visit because I felt like I should get it to her. She told us the next time that during reading it she felt so peaceful that she was at the point of crying. She is so sensitive to the spirit, which is unusual. We will be working with her with smoking but she already wants to stop so we will just need to help her. This is what I am here for... as my companion says .. y este me anima... so I am back working in the work. My companion and I work and we try to use our minds and not our feet. His parents are converts but I don’t know the exact story behind that. He has 4 brothers and his only sister died in birth... the poor mom. So there is the background on my comp.. I’m a little worried for him for after the mission because he hasn’t really picked up the abhorrence of sin... it is the problem with a lot of the missionaries. If nothing happens (no consequences).. then its all right. Anyway we are really good friends and he trusts me so I’m trying to use that for my advantage and his. For my birthday we ate at the bishops house and his wife made us hamburgers, fries, and a flan. It was really good and they are super fun to talk to. They are both young and met on their missions so we tease them about that. They were both missionaries in Pueblo. He was her district leader. I’m going to see if we can get the ward helping us. Thanks for your support... oh by the way I bowled 128 and my now standing record 139 ... the photo is there to prove it... ;)

I love you all

love Philip

The abundant life is lived with your family. That I am sure about. I’m excited to live it when I get home. Thanks for your love...

No comments: