Friday, June 01, 2007

May 21, 2007

Hey mom, how are you doing back home? It sounds like you have a whole lot to keep you occupied. I hope you enjoy traveling around a whole bunch this summer. I’m doing fine. The work is going well we had another 3 different people at church today. It’s amazing how investigators seem to fall out of the sky.

Sometimes when in Mante we couldn’t beg people to come to church.

Good news. The family of Norma, Carolina, and Emma continues to progress. Norma is 39 years old and is trying to quit smoking. Emma has 17 years and is smart and interested. Carolina who is 9 told me I have pretty eyes... that’s the second 9 year old who has told me that. Anyway we will probably be having baptisms in a couple of weeks. We brought 2 more investigators to sacrament meeting. One is a daughter of a less active that we are reactivating and the other a mom whose boyfriend is crossing the border right now... anyway needless to say that we have some work there. But, if they are willing to come to church that is a big start. She has 2 daughters one that is 6 and the other I think is about 1 or 2. We put a table in the market every week with free stuff in order to get referrals. It is working quite well. In less than 3 hours I can talk to more than 120 people. We are forced to worry about numbers because that’s what the

leaders want. Anyway we keep going and I keep trying to smile. That is the hard part some times though I enjoyed yesterday and today. I just need to not think about it so much.

I love you.

Philip

No comments: