Friday, June 01, 2007

May 28 and 29, 2007

To Dad May 28

So this week I’m doing a little better. I am learning better how to work with my companion. I am a whole lot happier but it still seems like a long hall. Its funny sometimes it seems so fast but when I think of what I have left it seems like forever. Anyway this week was a bit of a disappointment in the work. We were expecting 6 or 7 to church but every one had something happen that they couldn’t come. We were a little down on Sunday but that is the way it goes. I was thinking on reading my patriarchal blessing this morning. I’ll probably get around to it this night. I don’t have much time. We have an excellent bishop here. The photo is of his family. In our meeting we went for hotdogs. He always plays with me and goes opposite on every thing I say but that is just how he is with me. Anyway I love you and am still going strong. I have a great time Saturdays in the rodantes. It’s a market where we put a table there and give free literature out and get referrals. I’ll send a picture next week. I love you all

Philip

To Mom May 29

Anyway I’m doing fine and the people we are teaching are progressing only that this Sunday everything went wrong and nobody came. So that was a downer. We are having problems with being able to teach Norma and her kids because they always have something happen on our appointments. It is frustrating but not new. This happened with Carlos and Lourdes as well. I’m sick with a cold and wasn’t able to sleep last night and just banged my head getting down from a bus so I’m in a little rough shape but oh well, those things really don’t matter that much. I was sick earlier with friends in my stomach for about 2 weeks. It was very minor, I got some pills from sister moss and it all went away. This week looks to be better and I am looking forward to having some letters and a package to console me with. I just

hope this runny nose goes away so I can work like normal.

I have a question. Has my letter that I sent to you guys with the letters of

elder Leon arrived yet. Perhaps cause you have been gone you haven’t been able to get it. And what’s with all this traveling. You are going to have to buy one of those RVs soon or something. Anyway don’t worry about me. I’m doing fine besides my bruised head and pride.

Love Philip

No comments: