No the snow is not flying in Mante. The mosquitoes are doing what the snow
lacks though. I think I will start to pack my mosquito repelant in my back
pack. I have a pretty sweet tan line about half way up my bicep... its
pretty defined... tan to white. and also on my neck... basically its hot here.
With three weeks left in Mante (knock on wood) this week was the
best of all the church meetings. It made me feel like perhaps I am making a
difference. There were more people in the meetings then ever before and
they all stayed and talked forever afterward. Plus later that day we had my
best lesson yet, with a full member family and all. The investigators are a
couple that have 3 kids.. 2 boys and a girl. They are all young, the
member family was PERFECT!! Wow, even to the 15 year old. She bore an
awesome testimony of how the church saved her parents marriage. The spirit
was quite strong. and the family was able to answer all the questions that
family Velasquez had... it was awesome! We committed them to come to church
the next week and they said yes. They are willing and it looks they will
get baptized a little after I leave... if all goes well.
The camp sounds awesome... you guys have warm water in a cabin in snow and
down here.... well now warm water isn´t much of a big deal. BIG news. I
will be starting classes of English this week Wednesday and Saturday.
there is only one other American elder and he will help me but I am
heading up the project. Its really been fun because my ideas are finally
being put to use. We were out in the plaza this week with paintings,
books, cards, pamphlets, trying to get references... we need to try
different things than knocking doors. I think I got my companion
interested.
I hope the boys get better. I have avoided sickness pretty well down here.
I've only thrown up once down here so that is definitely a good thing.
The pictures.. the first one was after our awesome lesson, needless to say
we were both in a weird mood. ... ya, the other was a week before with
elder villaverde and elder castillo at the computer.
I got a letter from Sean. he was having problems with his comp but he
already has changed, he is in Altamira (basically Tampico) everything is
going well in Mante. Three more weeks and everything will change. We will
just have to see how it goes.
love Philip
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment